Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Time Flies By

Let's see, yesterday was a pretty busy day. I worked at the cafe from 12:00-3:00 and then went home for lunch. I watched Abigail and Isabel for a little while in the afternoon and then met Lori after her class. I went to art club at the cafe which was fun, but hard. Matt, Crystal, and I were the only ones last night. We were making stainglass squares and we were supposed to draw a picture of a symbol of our life. The three of us spent our entire time trying to come up with ideas and so we are going to meet again on Thursday morning to actually do the stainglass. After artclub Matt and I talked for a while at the cafe before we went to the GBU Bible Study. By the time I got to the Bible Study I was pretty Spanished out. Matt lead the Bible Study this week. The students were supposed to design the ideal church. They were starting from scratch and they had to make the church what they wanted it to be. They definitely came up with a different church than I would have, but most of their ideas were very attainable. I think it was good to hear what they want their church to be like and to get them to think about what church should be. It is a very challenging questionm and I still don't know exactly what I think, but I definitely have a lot of ideas. After bible study, I watched a movie to relax from the dat.

This morning I got up and went to work. It was a busy day in the cafe. As soon as I walked in I had to make a batido for someone. Then before I made it to the store I helped Scott do the dishes. This was my first time helping with the dishes. Then I went to the store and when I got back someone had ordered a fruit plate. When that was done I finished putting the rest of the food away and entered everything into the computer. Just as I was ready to make some fudge, Scott said I needed to make three bocadillos de tortilla y queso and patatas fritas. As I was making those he said that we needed another bocadillo with queso. I got those finished, made the fudge, cut some fudge, made four mint chocolate shakes, and cleaned up the kitchen. Now, to some this may not have been a busy day, but for me, I think it was the busiest day so far. This is kind of exciting. The students love the cafe, especially the foreign students.

This afternoon we went to Scott and Shelly's for Madelines birthday party. She turned three. We had a really good carrot cake. Abigail was funny because she wanted Madeline to share all of her presents, especially the bubbles. At first Madeline didn't even want to open the bubbles, but once they were playing with them they had a great time. I enjoyed watching all the guys sit and stare with bordom.

Today was a good day. It is crazy how fast three weeks can go. There is so much that I would still like to do before I leave, but I know that I won't get to everything. I still haven't found anyshoes. Oh well, if I do it will be fun, and if not, I don't really need them anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still haven't found any shoes? Hehehe..... Becca, you never cease to amaze me. I know you want to stay in Spain forever, but I need my roommate back because then I won't feel like the odd ball when I'm around Janet and Rachel(the practically perfect roommates). Well I hope your quest for shoes goes well. I love you. See you next week!!!

January 19, 2005 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me. I forgot to put my name with it. Love ya, Katie

January 19, 2005 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home