Thursday, January 20, 2005

Orchestra de Galicia

Today I woke up early to meet Crystal and Matt at the cafe for Art Club. We didn't get our projects finished on Monday, so we were trying to finish them before I had to work. I got most of the outline finished, but it took a long time to dry. I ended up having to work before I got it done. I worked with Belen again which was fun. I had to go to the bank and get some change and make a lot of fudge. It was a good day at the cafe. After work, I went to the park because it was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. It really made me not want to go back home to snow. Oh well, it can be fun.

In the afternoon, I watched Abigail and Isa while Lori went to teach. It was pretty fun. She played her Dr. Seuss game for a while and then we put some of her music in and danced around the room. She had a great time. When Lori got home she made some pancake batter. While she taught the neighbor kids English, I made the pancakes and fed the girls.

As soon as Lori was done, went left for a concert that I had read about in a brochure. We went to see the Orchestra of Galicia. We ended up getting free tickets because they know a girl who hadd tickets and wasn't going. She just put our names on them. The orchestra was really good and I had a great time. The conductor confused me alot and I'm guessing that is because the pieces were in weird times. I don't know. It amazed me how long the applauding lasted for after the songs. At the end I would say it lasted a good five minutes. The conductor came on the stage three or four times. The whole time I was thinking that there would be a standing ovation. No, they just clapped forever. I thought it was pretty funny. I enjoyed watching people's facial expression. Especially the concert master. He was practically dancing. After the concert, Lori and I went out and got drinks and talked for a while, until midnight actually. Then we realized that we had to get up early and booked it home. I'm really glad that I got to go to the concert. It was a great experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca it sounds like you're having an amazing time! when do you get back i wanna see ya. Give me a call when you're in spring arbor! Tanya

January 22, 2005 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home